*******************

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Are You Authentic or Automated?

I heard this quote/fact in church on Sunday, "You may be the only Bible someone ever reads." I have also heard, "You may be the only Jesus people ever see." Both of these quotes I think are very true! Many people will never darken the door of a church...out of apprehension, fear, or just straight up because they don't want to! All are valid reasons. I began really thinking about these quotes that I have heard most of my life. I think sometimes we as Christians take the responsibility so seriously that we become less authentic and more automated.

I think that we as Christ-followers (which is what a Christian is) should be more like Jesus and not conform to a set of ridiculous rules and expectations of other people! In other words, we need to be REAL! Authentic! If we are the only Jesus someone ever sees, then we need to be a person who is compassionate not judgmental, peaceful not chaotic, authentic not automated!

I don't know about you, but when I call a customer service 800 number I absolutely dread the automated line! If I push zero, sometimes it starts all over again...so sometimes I push zero twice and it says "that is not an option-main menu"...it's so frustrating! All you want is the real person! All you want is a LIVE voice to be able to express the issues you are having and actually engage in a conversation about it! We are relational people! We need communication. What we don't need are a bunch of robots!!

Being the the only Jesus someone may ever see should be a motivation to love other people, forgive when they hurt you, and most of all be a faithful friend! It's not about rules and regulations and a puffed-up pious religion...it is about a RELATIONSHIP! Be authentic! Not automated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment