*******************

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tested Faith...

I am in a unique place in my life right now. It's an exciting place, actually. I am finding that in this place of true tested faith that I am learning a lot about who I am. I have found out a lot about who I am in some past experiences and it wasn't always that pretty. In fact, I have had my character tested in my past, and I didn't quite pass that test. But guess what?? God allows everything in our lives to happen for a purpose...and He ultimately wants to use it for good. As I have mentioned in a previous blog, I am choosing to get up from the "gate" of my past and move forward allowing God to move on my behalf.

Why do we often lack the ability to walk by faith? We are often paralyzed by fear. I know that I have been paralyzed by fear and that I have allowed lies to dictate the direction of my life. Mark Twain said this: "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." God doesn't give us the spirit of fear. He gives us the spirit of a sound mind. 

1 comment: